Auto Radiator Repair
As with many car concerns, putting off radiator repair can lead to larger, more costly repair issues. Your radiator is responsible for regulating the temperature of your vehicle. When it is not working properly, you run the risk of your car overheating. Overheating can destroy an engine, so should never be taken lightly. Call Ken Van Damme’s Automotive at the first sign that you need auto radiator repair in Portland.
Our ASE certified technicians expertly inspect your radiator, hoses, head gasket, thermostat, and more for an accurate diagnosis of your cooling system. We offer you a full report and get your approval before doing any work.
In addition to repairs, we offer preventative services to protect your vehicle. We recommend your vehicle’s coolant be flushed and replaced approximately every three years or 30, 000 miles to prevent damage to your radiator and water pump.
What are the signs you need auto radiator repair
If you suspect any problem with your radiator you should bring it in right away. Here are some of the major warning signs to look out for:
- A leak in the radiator fluid: Radiator fluid is discernible by its greenish color. If you see it pooling in a parking spot then you need auto radiator repair.
- Fast heating: If when you start driving, you notice the heat gauge increases more quickly than normal, that is a sign your radiator may need repair.
- Overheating: If your car’s heat indicator goes into the red or gets close to it while driving, you need auto radiator repair right away. Newer vehicles will likely have a dash light indicator to let you know your car is overheating. You should find a safe place to pull over and turn off the car immediately. Let it sit for at least 15 minute, but, optimally, 30 minutes is a better minimum time for letting your engine cool down. Then only drive the vehicle to an auto repair shop close by or have it towed. Overheating is a serious sign of distress for your vehicle and can quickly lead to the need for larger repairs, or even the need for an engine replacement, if allowed to continue.
- Steam from under the hood: Steam is also a sign of overheating and should be treated with immediate care.
Top Quality Auto Radiator Repair in Portland
Some of our auto radiator repair in Portland includes:
- A multi-point auto radiator inspection
- Inspection of each cooling system belt and hose
- Leak inspection
- Inspection of the cylinder head gasket
- Fast, accurate diagnosis
- Testing for a plugged radiator
- Check the operation of the cooling fan
- Thermostat accuracy check
- Written report of our diagnosis with an estimate of suggested repairs
Contact us today for your auto radiator repair in Portland and keep your engine safe from overheating.
We also offer these and other services in NE Portland: